Veracity VHW-HW HIGHWIRE IP over Coax Converter
Veracity VHW-HW HIGHWIRE Ethernet IP over Coax Converter (Single Unit)
The Veracity HIGHWIRE VHW-HW is a single Ethernet over co-axial video device. It has a standard RJ-45 network connector one side and a co-axial BNC connector on the other. They are used in pairs and installing them is extremely simple. One HIGHWIRE unit is connected to each end of the co-axial cable with the BNC connectors thus providing a straight RJ45 to RJ45 network connection from end to end across the existing cabling. This HIGHWIRE to HIGHWIRE connection instantly operates as a full-duplex 100BaseT Ethernet connection and is completely transparent to any network device. HIGHWIRE has no MAC address or IP address and requires no set-up whatsoever.
HIGHWIRE turns any analogue video cable into a high-speed network connection. This allows the replacement of analogue cameras with IP cameras without installation of any new cabling, which can save some 30-40% of the system cost.
Veracity HIGHWIRE VHW-HW Key features:
- Uses legacy analogue video cabling cutting installation costs
- High transfer speed allows megapixel cameras or multiple IP cameras to run across a single co-ax cable connection
- Fully transparent. Will fully support any network device. Highwire is non-detectable on the network
- Simple to install. The Highwire VHW-HW requires no network configuration, has no IP or MAC address
- Can operate at a maximum length of 300m, full speed of 200mbps at lengths of 200m or less
- Auto adapts. Where cable length, quality or interference prevents full rate operation (200Mbps) the device will auto-adapt lowering the total bandwidth as necessary
- Compact and low power. Designed to fit inside camera housings and use the camera power supply (please have an electrician check supply voltages before using camera supply to power Highwire unit)
Applications: IP Video, CCTV, Networking, Transportation, Elevators & mechanisms, Basically anywhere there's Coax!